Sunday service begins at 1pm.
Open Communion is given the 1st Sunday of every month.
Decoration Day: 4th Sunday in May, 2pm
Annual Christmas Eve service, December 24th, 7pm
The love of knitting and crocheting along with a desire to comfort others launched the prayer shawl ministry. This ministry reaches out to those in need of comfort and solace. Each knitter begins each shawl with prayers for the recipient. When the shawl or lap blanket is completed there is a laying of hands and a blessing bestowed upon it before it is sent along its way. Join us each Monday at 2-3:30pm at the Capon Bridge Parsonage, house behind Capon Bridge UMC on Cold Stream Road at RT 50. We provide the knitting or crochet hooks and the yarn. Don't know how to knit or crochet? We will teach you. Come join us!
The Giving Plate ministry is our way of sharing our blessings with those around us. The hand designed plates are filled with tasty goodies and delivered to homes around the area. Our hope is recipients will share the blessing by passing the plate along.
Are you in need of a daily word from God? Call our devotion line at (304) 856-1040 for a daily message. You may leave a prayer request after the devotion or send us a prayer request via email at email@example.com
Our 5th Congregation supports those in the community and surrounding areas that are unable to attend a church. We provide cards, phone calls, home and hospital/nursing home visits as desired by the member. We will also provide Holy Communion as requested. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to join this congregation or submit a name of someone who would enjoy contact with us.
d Operation Shoebox: Every November our church puts together shoeboxes filled with age appropriate items in support of Samaritin's Purse. https://www.samaritanspurse.org/what-we-do/operation-christmas-child/
Monthly Community Dinner: Various organizations come together the 3rd Thursday of every month to provide a free dinner for the community at the old middle school cafeteria on Cold Stream Road and School Street- same building as the Hampshire County Sheriff office.
Historically known as Capon Baptist Chapel and Capon Chapel Church, is a mid-19th century United Methodist church located near to the town of Capon Bridge, West Virginia in the United States. Capon Chapel is one of the oldest existing log churches in Hampshire County, WV. A Baptist congregation was gathering at the site of the present-day church by at least 1756. Primitive Baptist minister John Monroe (1750–1824) is credited for establishing a place of worship at this site; he is interred in the church's cemetery. The land on which Capon Chapel was built originally belonged to William C. Nixon (1789–1869), a member of the Virginia House of Delegates; later, it was transferred to the Pugh family. The first documented mention of a church at the Capon Chapel site was in March 1852, when Joseph Pugh allocated the land to three trustees for the construction of a church and cemetery. During the early years of Capon Chapel, no Protestant denomination was the exclusive owner or occupant, and the church was probably utilized as a "union church" for worship by any Christian denomination. Capon Chapel was used as a place of worship by Baptists until the late 19th or early 20th century. In the 1890s, Capon Chapel was added as a place of worship on the Capon Bridge Methodist circuit of the Southern Methodist Episcopal Church.
Capon Chapel, along with its cemetery, was added to the National Register of Historic Places on December 12, 2012, in recognition of its representation of the rural religious architecture of the Potomac Highlands region, and for its service as an important rural church in Hampshire County.
Capon Chapel's cemetery is surrounded by a wrought iron fence made by Stewart Iron Works, and contains the remains of John Monroe, William C. Nixon, West Virginina House of Delegates member Captain David Pugh (1806–1899), Civil War Veterans and members of the community.